Welcome to my book blog! Here are some of my favorite books, authors and websites.

Kevin Henkes


ages 0-9+, teens
Perhaps my love of Kevin Henkes' books comes from my many years teaching and how so many of his books involve school, teachers, friends, and dealing with the issues that come with being a kid. My favorites of his are his Mouse Books. The drawings are sweet, the characters lively, and the problems relevant. Chrysanthemum is a personal favorite of mine. Kevin Henkes has written a Caldecott winner, a Caldecott honor, as well as a Newbery honor. His story lines are fun and kids love his characters. Pick up a few of his books to kick off back to school this year.
For the teens in your life, Kevin Henkes also has a variety of novels that he has written. I have not yet read any of them but have heard of many of them and think they would be worth looking into. You can learn more about them on his website.
And for the little one in your life, many of Henkes' books come in board books are are colorful and simple reads. Don't forget to check the board book section for Kevin Henkes.

My Favorites By Kevin Henkes:
Chrysanthemum
Lilly's Purple Plastic Purse
Lilly's Big Day
Owen
Julius, the Baby of the World
Chester's Way
Wemberly Worried
Sheila Rae, the Brave
A Weekend With Wendell
Kitten's First Full Moon

Check Out His Website:
www.kevinhenkes.com

No comments: