Welcome to my book blog! Here are some of my favorite books, authors and websites.

Mo Willems

Ages 0-9+
If you have not yet discovered the pigeon books be careful, it may be the only book your 4 year old will let you read for the next week. Mo Willems has a few different series but the Pigeon books are by far my favorite. Mo's books are funny to kids and adults. They are simple and complex at the same time. Start with Don't Let the Pigeon Drive the Bus and go from there. His newest pigeon book is, The Pigeon Wants a Puppy which I instantly fell in love with. While teaching, I had to get a new copy of Mo's books every year because they were too worn out by my first graders. They read them over and over, and always used plenty of enthusiasm. Kids love his books!
Mo has a series for beginning readers called Elephant and Piggie. I haven't actually read any of these books, however I know that they are written at a basic level for new readers. Based on his other books, I'd give them a try if you have a 5-9 year old.

My Favorites From Mo Willems:
Don't Let the Pigeon Drive the Bus
The Pigeon Wants a Hot Dog
Don't Let the Pigeon Stay Up Late
The Pigeon Wants a Puppy
The Pigeon Loves Things That Go (Board Book)
Knuffle Bunny
Edwina, the Dinosaur Who Didn't Know She Was Extinct

Check Out His Website:
www.mowillems.com

1 comment:

Melanie said...

Pigeon wants a hot dog is one of my all time favorite children's books! Thanks for the tips on the rest of his stuff.